Pressing undo while using tilemap changes tilemap

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • Problem Description

When I am editing a tilemap using the tilemap editor after having previously sleected a tilemap and I press undo (ctl+z) it undoes the tiles painted and undoes the selection of the second tilemap.

Attach a Capx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/371yrtvcjtrx4 ... .capx?dl=0

Description of Capx

Contains two tilemaps in a layout

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Click on a tilemap in the Projects viewer
    • Click on the other tilemap in the Projects viewer
    • Draw tiles using tilemap editor
    • Press undo
    • Trying to continue painting, C2 has chosen the previously chosen tilemap.

Observed Result

The undo undoes both the tiels painted as well as the last selection of the tilemap.

Expected Result

The selection of the previous tilemap to be undone with a second undo, not the same undo.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: YES
    • FireFox: YES
    • Internet Explorer: YES

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 SP1

Construct 2 Version ID

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can't reproduce in r221, it still draws to the same tilemap after pressing undo. Did you miss something in your repro steps?

• Can't reproduce in r221, it still draws to the same tilemap after pressing undo. Did you miss something in your repro steps?

No, I just recreated my own steps exactly and it's still doing it, and Licecap isn't allowing me to take a vid, probably cause of HiDPI mode. Did you select one tilemap and then the other before you started drawing it?

• Yes, I selected them from the project bar like you said. Perhaps you have to select them in a certain order? I'm afraid if you can't provide the necessary steps to reproduce the issue I will close this as can't reproduce.

• Here's a licecap I managd to get working: http://imgur.com/b5O2BIJ

• Ashley was that licecap example of any use to you? I'm still having this bug in that I have to reselect the correct tilemap if I undo any tiles I lay down when I've previously selected a different tilemap (as opposed to say, having selected a sprite).

• Still present in the new version of C2.

• Thanks for the video, that helped me reproduce it. Should be fixed in the next beta.

• Thanks for the video, that helped me reproduce it. Should be fixed in the next beta.

Oh wow, thank you! It's been driving me crazy! What was causing the issue, if I may ask? I'm curious!

• Pressing "undo" does a bunch of work refreshing the project and UI, and one of those updates caused quite a long chain of calls that ended up changing the selection.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)