Pressing F4 wiill run the Layout

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Which is ok... however if you're closing for example, the image editor by using the default keyboard shortcut alt+f4, it thinks you want to run the layout... which is a minor annoyance... but after hours of switching through images (I'm a huge shortcut guy) it becomes annoying having to manually close the browser window that pops up as well.

Is there a possibility to maybe change the shortcut from F4, to say... F6 or something? Or even change the shortcut so that it doesn't activate if the image window is up? Either way would work.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No issue here. Pressing alt+F4 is closing windows only without running preview.

btw. You can press ESC for most of panels and windows in C2, and it will close them as well.

• Nitro187, are you talking about the C2 image editor, or a third-party one?

If you talking about the third-party program, then one of my favorite shortcuts is Alt+Tab to switch programs really fast!

• Nope, talking about the built in sprite editor specifically. Also does it on the tile background editor, sprite font editor, etc etc. Pressing ESC does in fact close those windows, but I'm used to alt+F4, even though it's more keystrokes.

I did a few tests, and pressing F4 in the sprite editor does nothing (as expected).... but pressing alt+F4 closes the sprite editor, and runs the current layout. Pressing alt+F4 on windows like, "add object" don't seem to have this bug... just the sprite editor type windows.

It doesn't do it every time, but it does it about 80% of the time... it's really random.

• That's strange. I did some test before I wrote my last post and it worked fine. I did test it again few minutes ago and still works fine. Alt+F4 just closing opened window without running preview on my side.

• Looks like if you hold Alt, hold F4, release F4 then release Alt it's OK, but if you release Alt before F4 then releasing F4 runs a preview. Post it to the bugs forum so I don't forget.

• Looks like if you hold Alt, hold F4, release F4 then release Alt it's OK, but if you release Alt before F4 then releasing F4 runs a preview. Post it to the bugs forum so I don't forget.

Thanks Ashley; and it's already in the bugs forum.

• Oops, still getting used to the new forum layout

• lol, no worries.

• Thanks, should be fixed in the next build.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)