Post Script fonts and Ejecta

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
We present to you “Post Apocalyptic Trailer” – our newest hard hitting, bass rumbling designed movie trailer collection.
  • Problem Description

Construct has an issue with Post Script naming convention, required by Ejecta

Attach a Capx

Not Applicable

Description of Capx

Not Applicable

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Create a text object with font Arial
    • Export for Ejecta
    • Test on xcode

Observed Result

CoreText performance note: Client called CTFontCreateWithName() using name "Arial" and got font with PostScript name "ArialMT". For best performance, only use PostScript names when calling this API.

Expected Result

No warning in console.

This is a minor annoyance and so far I'm just doing a search and replace BUT, in case of other fonts (I'm using "Space Age" for example) construct exports as "Space Age" while Ejecta expects "SpaceAge", in this case it's not anymore a performance issue but the font won't simply render. Again it's just a matter of doing a search and replace, but I feel like Construct should export the fonts with the correct naming convention.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Could you post this to the Ejecta developers? I think the first warning is ignorable and the second issue with recognising fonts is solved if Ejecta is more tolerant of the font names it accepts. This is the same code we export to all platforms after all.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)