Finding the cause for this glitch took me a while but I think that I've finally found it.
My game is using positioned audio in the gameplay part and I've noticed that it takes up to 3 seconds to load in a layout.
At first I thought it might be caused by the layout loading system but then I found out that positioned audio was at fault.
Basically when the game is playing positioned audio for the first time, using the "HRTF" mode it comes to a complete hold.
I'm sure that "HRTF" is at fault because "Equal Power" works as intended.
Attach a Capx
Click HERE to enter the download dimension.
Description of Capx
Holds an example scenario, pretty self-explanatory.
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- Select your preview browser and run the game in preview mode with preload sounds "ON"
- Notice the glitch kicking in when the time runs out and the positioned audio starts playing
- Notice that the game works as intended again
See *Affected Browsers* section for browser specific information.
Everything should be loaded in, without any glitch just like in the "Equal Power" mode.
- NW.js: Full stop of the game for about 3 seconds until everything works again.
- Firefox: Positioned audio loads in with a delay of about 2 seconds.
- Internet Explorer: Works as intended, no joke!
- Chrome: Same as NWjs.
- Edge: -Not tested yet-
- Opera: -Not tested yet-
- Safari: -Not tested yet-
Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 7 with latest updates and up to date drivers.
Construct 2 Version ID
Newest release r233 Steam release. [Personal Edition]
Additional maybe useful information:
- NW.js version: v0.14.0
- Checked C2 data with the Steam software data check system (0 Errors Found)