png-out / export issue

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
94 Inside buildings views - Isometric view - PNG transparent - 2048x2048
  • Problem Description

Everytime I try to export a project to html5 I get this message:

Construct2 closes automatically after pressing abort.

Attach a Capx

Happens with every capx, even the templates included with Construct 2

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Open project
    • Choose export to Html5
    • Disable minify

Observed Result

Project fails to export, Construct2 closes.

Expected Result

Exported Project.

Affected Browsers

This is not Browser related.

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10

Construct 2 Version ID

Construct2 beta release r214

• The directory "pngout" inside the construct2 program files directory is empty..

It seems to me pngout.exe is no longer used and has been replaced by pngcrunch.exe (which does exist in it's directory)..

Is this true?

• LittleStain

I have r214 installed and I have both pngcrush and pngout installed in their own folders off 'C:\Program Files\Construct 2\exporters\html5\tools'.

• LittleStain

I have r214 installed and I have both pngcrush and pngout installed in their own folders off 'C:\Program Files\Construct 2\exporters\html5\tools'.

Ok..

Downloaded pngout.exe from Here put it in the correct folder and everything is working as expected..

I have no clue why it was missing, but this solved my "bug"..

• Out of interest, did you do a full, clean re-installation?

I just reinstalled r214, and checked after uninstalling to ensure the 'Tools' folder was empty, before reinstalling, and it definititely installed 'pngout' as well as the other tools.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Out of interest, did you do a full, clean re-installation?

I just reinstalled r214, and checked after uninstalling to ensure the 'Tools' folder was empty, before reinstalling, and it definititely installed 'pngout' as well as the other tools.

I always do the de-installation provided in the installer..

• Problem Description

Everytime I try to export a project to html5 I get this message:

Have had this problem for a long time. I normally just zip the tools folder (where the whole pngout is) and when it happens I just extract it to the C2 installation folder again. Think it might be related to Antivirus or maybe Windows security settings or something, however haven't been able to solve it. So just do it that way whenever it happens.

• pngout.exe is included with the installer. Try reinstalling Construct 2. If you still have trouble try disabling any antivirus or security software that may prevent the installer creating executable files.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)