My player won't stop moving

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • I'm making a platform game (trying at least) and earlier for no reason I can think of, when I try and move the player by clicking the arrow keys (arrow is down event) he'll just keep walking the direction I pressed until he walks off the layout , dies, or I press the up arrow and he tries to jump.

Is there any reason he might be doing this, and how can I fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Are you using the platform behaviour? And if so, are you using default controls or simulated ones?

• I'm making a platform game (trying at least) and earlier for no reason I can think of, when I try and move the player by clicking the arrow keys (arrow is down event) he'll just keep walking the direction I pressed until he walks off the layout , dies, or I press the up arrow and he tries to jump.

Are you previewing with the Edge browser? If you are, try it in other browsers. Edge has been giving me the same trouble, ever since a particular Windows 10 update somewhere along the way (not sure which one, but someone mentioned the "anniversary update.") It seems to be an Edge issue, in other words. People have been complaining to Microsoft about it, but I'm not sure if anyone has come up with a solution. For now I'm just waiting to see what happens and concentrating on using the other browsers. Sorry I can't be more helpful to you.

• If you post a capx or even an image of your event sheet it will make it much easier for us to figure out what's going on. Also, in the future, please post stuff like this in the "How do I" section of the forum as this is not a Construct 2 bug.

• It may be a bug if it's anything like terransage said, relating to the edge browser. But yeah, I getchu.

Is there any reason he might be doing this, and how can I fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This section of the forum is specifically for bugs in the Construct 2 software.

If you think you have found a bug, you must follow the Bug Report Guidelines in order for your report to be investigated, otherwise it will be closed.

As it stands, your report is practically useless. Please update your first post with at least a minimal .capx and precise steps to reproduce the error.

Thanks

• Well, if i am allowed to give my opinion on this. This problem is several times reported.

It is simple, when pressing two keys together, the platform behaviour goes nuts in edge.

Every and each platform template shows the problem.

Since it is like a day work to fill in a bug report exactly as requested, that is a bit outrageous for such a simple to describe problem.

Forgive me my insubordination.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • [quote:3uu8iiy8]Are you previewing with the Edge browser? If you are, try it in other browsers. Edge has been giving me the same trouble, ever since a particular Windows 10 update somewhere along the way (not sure which one, but someone mentioned the "anniversary update.") It seems to be an Edge issue, in other words. People have been complaining to Microsoft about it, but I'm not sure if anyone has come up with a solution. For now I'm just waiting to see what happens and concentrating on using the other browsers. Sorry I can't be more helpful to you.

Tarensage, Edge was the problem, thanks!

• Closing, see the bug report requirements.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)