Platformer pushing out of vertically moving platforms

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
A pack of 76 platform designs for a platformer game with a mushroom/jungle theme
  • Problem Description

I've recently been running into strange behavior with platformer objects when landing on vertically moving platforms. When moving upwards, the platformer object seems to get pushed out to the left or right of the solid object. I've run into it in a couple of newer C2 games, and attached a fresh .capx of it. It seems like it started happening around the last two or so updates (I want to say r262). It also seems to happen mostly when facing right (not mirrored).

Attach a Capx

dropbox.com/s/67z7kcfvtnyyiad/landplatform.capx

Description of Capx

This is a capx of the platformer demo that comes with C2 reproducing the bug. It has a small jump height variance event added, but the bug still occurs without it.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Land on a platform that's moving upwards while facing right. May require multiple landings to reproduce.

Observed Result

Platformer will get shoved off to the side of the solid platform.

Expected Result

Platformer remains on the solid platform.

Affected Browsers

Chrome, Edge, IE, Opera, Firefox, NW

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10 Pro, 1803

Construct 2 Version ID

Construct 2 beta release r263 (bug also present in r262)

• I also tested this and can confirm the issue.

I have a little more details, first, it doesn't matter if the player is mirrored, from my tests you only get pushed if you land with half or more of your collision mask outside the platform's collision mask edge.

Also if you have another wall above you and you jump in place you'll get pushed to the right, but this time it happens when the platform is going down.

UPDATE:

I didn't notice the fix for the second issue in the latest beta, it works fine with r263.

youtube.com/watch

badpadgame.com/platformer-pushsolid.capx

• Still getting this issue in the current version of C2 (265).

I didn't notice the fix for the second issue in the latest beta, it works fine with r263.

Didn't notice it working fine in r263, 262-263 was the version where I noticed the bug first.

• Still getting this issue in the current version of C2 (265).

> I didn't notice the fix for the second issue in the latest beta, it works fine with r263.

Didn't notice it working fine in r263, 262-263 was the version where I noticed the bug first.

Just the second issue, where jumping in place on a vertically moving platform pushed you to the side.

The other issue, landing on corners and getting pushed out is still unsolved.

• Ashely, this issue is seemed to be resolved in the latest beta, at least for me.

gigawaller, if you can confirm it on your side, this can be marked as resolved.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yep! Looks to be resolved on my end. Good work 👍

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)