platformer glitches

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Make your dream action platformer game effortlessly with this template!
  • Problem Description

the platforms are there but should not be seen but still collidable with and only some of the jumpthru behaviour platforms function properly

in the link below i have hosted a .capx of my game which has some bugs

edit uploaded to googledrive like asked

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11XY2RS ... sp=sharing

Description of Capx

it is a platformer based on a voice acting rpg you start off on a bed in a boy's room

Steps to Avoid Bug

i did not try anything because i had no idea of what to try so i came here

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Just run the layout

Observed Result

platformer game character is not aligned properly height wise and detects false collisions

Expected Result

reframe from leaving layout and use jumpthru platforms properly all the time and actua;;y land on platforms and jumpthru platforms and not fall through them

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

windows 10 service pack 12

Construct 2 Version ID

free version 255 as for game version it is 1.0.0.0

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Please read the Bug Report Requirements as there are several problems with your report:

[quote:i1qiorls]

Testing every browser is an important part of diagnosing the problem.

[quote:i1qiorls]

We are unwilling to use file hosts which require an email address to be entered, and services which throw up loads of ads or make us wait for a time limit test our patience; use one of those three linked services which are all free and allow immediate downloads.

[quote:i1qiorls]Please only test the latest version of Construct 2

If you follow the guidelines, then Ashley is unlikely to close your report without investigating.

• Okay updated my previous post, I found the version number and tested on all 3 browsers got the same result and added a proper link to my .capx file. Please, please help me fix my game.

• Not a bug. I'd recommend finding some tutorials for platforming. I don't understand why the gravity is set to 0 when you're standing, and why it's floaty when you're not.

Can't help you, as I have no idea why you want all the platforms invisible, etc.

When I disabled all the random code, it worked fine.

• Could you give me a link to the method you used, please?

• The platform behaviour, solids and jump-through don't need associated code. Delete all your code, and you'll see it works just fine as it is.

• But how will it know it know the jump button and to play the correct animation?

never mind after removing a few events, and making the jump through platform also a solid and disabling it when there is not a collision with another instance makes it go jump through and then solid when a collision is detected with the instance above the jump through platform, it fixed my bug. but my character on creation is spawned at the incorrect position when the layout starts when testing the game.

• can a moderator please lock this thread and mark it as a fixed bug.

I also the checked my entire hard drive and could not find where construct 2 was installed but it is on my start menu, and only the .exe shortcut was found in program data.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)