Pick by Comparison and multiple families problem

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Pick Up Items Sound effects for your game, Take them for a ride right now and you will worry no more.
  • Problem Description

When using Pick by Comparison to filter between two families, only some of the sprite are selected

Attach a Capx

http://www.xhelos.com/c2/PickAndFamiliesProblem.capx

Description of Capx

At the start of the game, all sprites in Abductables and Units family should move to the right of the screen

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Just Start the game

Observed Result

Only some of the selected Sprites move. for what I understand, only the sprites that are before the upHealth sprites in the abductables family move. upHealth is an abducatble but is doesn't belong to units family

Expected Result

All of the abductables and units family should move

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits, Service Pack1

Construct 2 Version ID

Release 168 (64 -bits)

NOTE: I have put some events that alter the order of the families being picked, this works. Also if we enable the action units->formard units.speed/5 pixels, and disable abductables->move forward units.speed/5, it work. Only units have the speed parameter.

• Closing as not a bug. 'Pick by comparison' will not do what you appear to be assuming it does, because the families have different sets of objects in them, so they do not pair up. It's a strange thing to do to compare UIDs like that anyway, why not just use only one family through the whole event?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi Ashley, well It's because I need to use the instance variables from both families to filter what I want. If I dont use pick, then All the members from both families that complete the conditions are picked.

Here's an awesome graphic:

The capx is a simplification of what I'm doing with the real game. My real objective is to filter some sprites according to instance variables from two families. I asked before: , and that's the Gotcha I'm using for that purpose

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)