Link to .capx file (required!):
Ashley I would be happy to PM you a link to the capx rather than leave it open for general consumption. It's not thinned down but I can walk you through what I've been doing.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Select layout "L_configure" and run
2. Press "start" button and observe failure message(s)
3. or - adjust car suspension and press "drop test" then press "reset"
link to image 1
link to image 2
link to image 3
Up until 30 minutes ago, each layout ("L_configure" and "Trial" worked ok in isolation) and that is what I expect should still happen. The capx is a partial shell of a car physics side-scroller. It appears that something broke in C2 while I was working on it... The change I was making was for the layouts to switch from 'configure' to 'trial'. I'm at a loss as to how this has happened and, more importantly, how to fix it without starting again!
Internet Explorer: yes
Operating system & service pack:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Construct 2 version:
There is nothing we can do without a .capx. We actually strongly recommend making minimal reproduction .capx projects from scratch. It is far more helpful for debugging and you don't have to share your whole project. Closing.
Ashley, I've emailed a link to the capx to the support email address.
Also, I rolled back to r152 and all of the problems go away apart from this when the layout changes from configure to trial. I would be very grateful if you could un-close this please.
link to another error message
Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.
Thanks for re-instating this. Here's an update:
I've been doing some tinkering and I think I have found the source of the r152 problem. In the E_Configure sheet (about line 60) I remove all physics joints AFTER disabling the physics behavior on the various car parts. Nothing seems to indicate a fault when it runs, but the problem evidently persists in the background and won't let the layout exit. So r152 remains stable and good regarding this. However, applying this fix to the r154 problem seems to make no difference.
Not sure if this will help with the arduous debugging task, but I hope it's useful. I've been reconstructing the physics elements of my project from scratch in r155 (I deleted all physics behaviors and then started again). Once I created the physics joints I met with the same problems as before - until, that is, I removed the 'set physics enabled' steps in the function where I created the distance joints (E_GameEngine, function carPhysics). I haven't completed the re-write yet and I don't know what will happen in the areas where I want to turn the physics off and on but I'll let you know how it goes.