PHYSICS BUG with NODE WEBKIT EXPORT

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Node Downloader is a plugin for download file for Construct 3 and construct 2 game engine
  • Problem Description

____ A concise description of your problem here ____

When you export a program that uses physics to NODE WEBKIT, the behavior of the physics changes with WINDOW SIZE. When the window is small, they physics gets greatly accelerated, chancing the behavior of your game considerably. The exact same game, when run in a browser, side-by-side, with the same changes in window size does NOT have this flaw.

Attach a Capx

____ Upload a Capx to this post ____

I used the standard demo "PARTICLE THRUSTER" to test this (and make sure it wasn't my code that was doing it). Just export that standard demo as NODE WEBKIT for windows.

Description of Capx

____ Concise description of what this CapX does ____

Again, I used a standard demo file - no need to describe the code.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1: Run the PARTICLE THRUSTER demo using a standard browser. The ship moves around smoothly based on the damping and mass that was set in the code. You can resize the window all you want and the ship behaves the same. Make it full screen, make it tiny - the game looks and feels the same, just a different size.
    • Step 2: Run the PARTICLE THRUSTER demo using a NODE WEBKIT export. At the default size, it seems to work the same. But... if you make the window small, the physics starts to get faster and faster, to the point where a tiny window has CRAZY FAST physics. Also, if you go FULL SCREEN it runs a little slow. Somehow the physics is changing with screen size. This means you can't predict what you game will look and feel like in a NODE WEBKIT export because you don't know what window size the user will employ. This problem does NOT happen in standard browser mode.
    • Step 3 etc: You can even run the two versions side by side (Browser and Webkit), adjust window sizes, and watch the webkit version become unplayable when the window gets small, while the Browser version is totally fine.

Observed Result

____ What happens? ____

Expected Result

____ What do you expect to happen? ____

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES/NO)
    • FireFox: (YES/NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES/NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

____ Your operating system and service pack ____

I only tested in WINDOWS.

Construct 2 Version ID

____ Exact version ID of Construct 2 you're using ____

I'm using beta r176 (because you can't do multiplayer in Webkit in the standard release version).

• Does this reproduce in r177?

• Closing as can't reproduce in r177, works identically at any window size here. Also the report is confusing: it sounds like you are referring to the Physics behavior, but the Particle Thruster demo does not use the Physics behavior at all, it uses the Custom Movement behavior.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks ASHLEY... I upgraded to r177 and the problem is gone! Must have been related to one of the issues solved in 176.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)