If you add the pathfinding to an object (let's say O1) and give O1 a target as another object to reach as a destination. O1 will give uponce it reaches the general borders of the object and considers O1 as "arrived".
Here are some screenshots:
Changing the cell size by increasing and decreasing doesn't affect the path finding drastically (the first image is with Cell Size as the default and if changed to 0 as for the second image is for when you change the cell size to match the object's size -- note object is a square).
Attach a Capx
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/682 ... 20Bug.capx
Description of Capx
The CAPX has the same exact setup I was using and will replicate the problem above.
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- Create an object with the size of 15x15 pixels
- Add the object to a family.
- Add to the object (and not the family) the pathfinding behavior
- Don't change anything on the pathfinding settings.
- Use the "Find Path" and give it another object as the target.
- Use the "Move Along Path" and you'll find the same exact problem.
The moving object will not stop moving and mark itself as arrived at the dead center of the target object. The object will be marked as arrived and will stop once it "collides" with the target object.
The moving object should only be considered and mark itself as arrived when it reaches the dead center of the target object. If the above is desired then changing the settings would be needed to give a VERY large cell size.
- Chrome: Yes
- FireFox: Yes, but the moving object gets much closer to the intended behavior than Chrome
- Internet Explorer:NA
Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 8.1 with latest updates_
Construct 2 Version ID