Partially invisible sprites on Layout View (design side)

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template for top-down view games)
  • Problem Description

In my game I have a problem with some sprites going invisible on the layout view, that is the gui side of construct 2.

If you click where it was before it will either load up the editor for the sprites or crash C2.

I suspect this is a result of me editing names and deleting sprites as well as changing names of many variables in game.

But now I have edited down the game, removing basically everything but that screen and the problem still persists.

Attach a Capx

http://www.funnybunny.se/files/layoutviewbug.capx

Description of Capx

0.5% version of my game, removing all non-essential.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Load capx. See the layout view. Run the game. compare!

Observed Result

Some sprites invisible on the layout view. Sprite and Spritefont objects.

Expected Result

Objects that are visible should be visible in Layout view.

Affected Browsers

n/a but I use Firefox to preview.

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7, Sp1.

Nvidia geforce 378.66 released driver on 14th of feb 2017.

Construct 2 Version ID

Release 242, 64-bit version.

• If this is not a bug please let me know how to do so I can see the darned objects on layout view.

• If this is not a bug please let me know how to do so I can see the darned objects on layout view.

Hi.

When I load and run your .capx, I see exactly what is shown in the Layout view.

Would it be possible to show us what you see, using something like GifCam? Might help.

• Your capx contains a third party plugin.

• I can't view your CAPX but just some silly suggestions to check:

If your sprites have a blank frame at the beginning they will be blank in the layout.

If you accidentally changed image points they may be way off the layout screen.

If your layout settings for that sprite are itty bitty you may not find the sprite.

If you have a sprite covering them they can be hidden on the layout.

If you have the layer the sprite is on set to invisible you won't see them.

I know those are newbie probs but I still make those mistakes all the time.

Now where is that dang sprite!

• Thank you all.

I have tried to remove different things from the capx, for example effects and behaviors. I think all third party plugins are gone. Spritefont MIGHT be thirdparty but it is needed to illustrate the problem here.

Are there any way to see which third party plugins a capx use?

Whichever, I have replaced the file with new capx.

zenox98 how strange!

lamar thanks for checklist.

Went through them, but sadly not helping.

gif: http://www.funnybunny.se/files/bug.gif

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you all.

I have tried to remove different things from the capx, for example effects and behaviors. I think all third party plugins are gone. Spritefont MIGHT be thirdparty but it is needed to illustrate the problem here.

Are there any way to see which third party plugins a capx use?

Whichever, I have replaced the file with new capx.

zenox98 how strange!

lamar thanks for checklist.

Went through them, but sadly not helping.

gif: http://www.funnybunny.se/files/bug.gif

You might check your graphics card to see if it has crashed. I had sprites doing all sorts of weird things until I checked my graphics card and I had to uninstall and reinstall from boot and then reset webgl and canvas before it started working again.

• Interesting but also sad. I remember when I stressed my first proper 3d card and it got super glitchy at the end even in windows. But I think it is not the case here, actually. Do not have any glitches in any 3d games, nor in windows. Seems to be isolated to Construct 2.

Not even any glitches when playing for long time and I have temperature monitor on second monitor. hmm.

Plus it would be more like "irregular" so to say. The sprites that are "gone" are always same sprites/objects every time I open the file.

• I backuped the C2 folder and uninstalled, deleted all the files in that root folder, and installed a new clean copy and ran the capx. It is working well now!

So it appears that either C2 was defective copy (even if it was across different versions) or that one of the numerous plugins made C2 buggy.

I will add the files now group for group and see if problem arise again.

• I went and added Lunarray's Litetween, I start to add the plugins/behaviors that I do use, and this one I use excessively.

And by adding this, it looks like the problem appears again!

maybe should alert lunarray to this strange problem?

EDIT: I have now put back the whole motherlode, everything. And everything works, with exception for when adding LiteTween. So sadly it is that one breaking C2.

Which is unfortunate because I love that plugin and use it excessively in the game I am working on. Maybe Lunarray will have luck to detect the problem? I am open to send my bigger capx whole game but only as direct transfer non diclosure. Just send me pm.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)