Part bug Part missing feature

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Pathfinding stop does not clear path

____ When using the pathfinding behavior on a global sprite, when switching layout and calling Stop, debug shows pathfiniding Has Path is still true and speed is not 0.____

Attach a Capx

____ [attachment=0:24sw099q][/attachment:24sw099q] ____

Description of Capx

____ Moving a global sprite using the pathfinding and switching layouts. ____

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Touch the screen to move the sprite (sprite will change color when speed is > 5 and reset when speed is back to 0.
    • Press 1/2 on the keyboard to switch between layouts 1 and 2.

Observed Result

____ Calling Stop pathfiniding on the start of layout stops the sprite movement but the sprite is still playing the walk animation and has path=true, speed=200. ____

Expected Result

____ Stop should clear the path from the memory or should have another clear path action. ____

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

____ Windows 7 SP1 ____

Construct 2 Version ID

____ 168 ____

• Global means save the current state of the object to use in the next layout.

So its pretty much working as expected.

• The problem is not with the object being global, i just checked it now, if i call Stop on the same layout the object is still on has path=true and speed 200.

the stop action should reset these parameters or alternatively another action for clear path.

• If I come to a stop sign, that doesn't necessarily mean I'm not going to continue on the same path.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • that's why i suggested another action for clear path

• and besides if you stopped why is your speed at 200 it should be 0, that's another way to fix the problem.

• ok so i looked in the plugin and basically i need another stop action that also does this.s = 0;

but i don't want to modify the official plugin on my own.

• Ashley is there any reason why you are not setting the speed to 0 when calling the stop function?

• What method are you using to determine the speed?

• The official speed condition of the path finiding behavior.

• You can see it in the capx

• Im not sure why speed in the debugger doesn't change, or why the speed triggers aren't kicking in, however the object expression is returning 0.

I would wager it has something to do with the global attribute.

• Ok i can messure it with the expression instead.

But i still think its bug...

• Well i check it and it doesn't reset to zero on stop even if the object is not global, besides as i said before this also happens without switching layouts.

I just added this.s=0 to the stop function on the runtime and it fixed the problem and also as you suggested the expression does reset back to 0, so for now i am covered, thanks.

• If it is a bug, and it does seem like something is wrong, Ashley will want to be able to replicate it as easy as possible.

Its just that the global, and switching layouts aren't standard for dealing with pathfinding.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)