[Opera] fullscreen scaling off problems

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Problem Description

Proportions and Scrolling are not correct in fullscreen scaling off mode in Opera Developer 30.

Attach a Capx

https://copy.com/LExZ1imGnwNYOCvO

Description of Capx

Two sprites, 250x250 each roughly mark the edges of the 600x600 project/layout and when started automatically takes a screenshot

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• set some project window size
    • give the layout the same size
    • set fullscreen scaling to off
    • page zoom of the browser must be at something other than 100% when starting the preview

Observed Result

• displayed top left corner is not at 0,0 (according to the value of mouse.x and mouse.y)
    • scrolling to originalwindowwidth/2 and originalwindowheight/2 will not fix that
    • objects appear smaller than they are in the editor:

Expected Result

• top left corner should be at layout's 0,0, if not otherwise define
    • objects should not be scaled

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (UNKNOWN, don't wanna install, maybe someone can help)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES (but here saving the screenshot via browser download didn't work for me))
    • Opera Developer 30: (YES)
    • NW.js (has no zoom level option I think)

Operating System and Service Pack

win 7 most recent updates

Construct 2 Version ID

beta r201

• Can't reproduce any issue here, it looks fine in Opera Developer 30, with the same result as Chrome, which is unsurprising because they are both based on the same browser engine.

• Ashley:

I've found out that it only happens, when the zoom level for the page is something else than 100% when starting the preview. Could be interesting if it's the same for Chrome. When the zoom level is at something else, it also happens with Firefox and IE.

demonstration:

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Note: the problem is not that it is more zoomed out with smaller zoom. The problem is that coordinates get messed up, proportions get messed up (window size to sprite size).

Example: setting x of the sprites to mouse.x, when the mouse was in the middle of the window and their origin is at the middle of the cube, looks like this at 50% zoom:

• mindfaQ - we ask that you test all browsers in bug reports to help identify browser specific issues. Please test it in Chrome and if it doesn't reproduce there, report the issue to Opera; if it does, file a new report with full details.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You've misread my post. I will open a new topic if you prefer it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)