NWJS not completely closing when exiting app

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.

Steam

scirra

I still cannot reproduce this. In this entire thread there is only one .capx linked to (by ) which is not a minimal project, but I still can't reproduce it: the NWJS processes always close properly when I run the game and click the X in the corner. Is this specific to another way of closing the window, e.g. Alt+F4, or the Browser 'Close' action, or something else? There is very little I can do without demonstration .capxs as the bug report requirements mention, and 4 pages of "me too" doesn't help us get to the bottom of it either!

I still cannot reproduce this. In this entire thread there is only one .capx linked to (by ) which is not a minimal project, but I still can't reproduce it: the NWJS processes always close properly when I run the game and click the X in the corner. Is this specific to another way of closing the window, e.g. Alt+F4, or the Browser 'Close' action, or something else? There is very little I can do without demonstration .capxs as the bug report requirements mention, and 4 pages of "me too" doesn't help us get to the bottom of it either!

Hi Ashley I will try to create a capx. I'm seeing this on Super Ubie Island REMIX. I've been testing for bugs by playing the build directly from steam.

ASHLEY. by creating a new minimal project, I don't have this issue. Everything works as expected. Happens exclusively on my current project.

Now, if I go to the NWjsforC2 folder and I click to open both versions of nw.js (32 and 64) the 32 opens correctly but 64 wont open at all.

Ashley, I just tested the exported project in another computer with Windows 7 x64 as well. Both 32 and 64 exports work perfectly and nothing stays open in the task manager.

In this pc its another story, I cannot open the files and NW.js *32 stays open in the task manager, hanging without opening a window. I suspect its a configuration in the registry maybe?

I updated to the lastest stable build not too long ago and had to update NWJS. so i can't revert. Unless there's a way to do so. My game just released on steam and the bug is keeping people from being able to close the game properly. :/

Some people might not realize at all and then they can issue a refund because of the in-game timer going on in the background. My project is pretty big so maybe that has something to do with it.

It's doing it for me in preview, but only after I open and close it the first time.

The nwjs 32 remains in the task manager.

Ashley

It caused the problem once play mucis and close the window, otherwise, problem should not occur

So far this weekend I've been copying a part of my project into a new one. Issue no longer appears. So I don't really know what may be causing it.

Windows 7 x64 and non-Steam Construct 2 here: Neither exports nor previews NW.js projects. For example the Savegames Tutorial project works fine. The ghostShooter tutorial does not. A totally empty New project also doesn't work!

I cannot open the exported .exe files or preview, and NW.js *32 stays open in the task manager, hanging without opening a window like FraktalZero. Usually it's two instances of the NW.exe

I've tried every version of nw.js after 0.12, but 0.12 is the last one that works. Seems the newer ones are completely broken for me

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Just tried 122 preview still gets the ghost nwjs after first run.

Maybe it's time to try out Electron Ashley ?

At least not have all our eggs in one basket.

NW.js 0.13.0-beta4 is out now, is that still affected?

Ashley, sadly I still have the same problems with my project. Like in the previous version, I can perfectly test using a new project. So for now me I'm transferring everything into a new project.

newt Theres also Tint. Now, I suppose the only way this could be done would be by another programmer. I would gladly pay for better exporting options for PC.

NW.js 0.13.0-beta4 is out now, is that still affected?

Just tried it.

Same thing.

No change.

Dunno Tint looks it's not quite there.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)