So I was messing around on a low end machine that I have for emulation last night (3ghz, 3gb ram, 730gt gfx Win 7-64-bit) and our game was running like absolute garbage, a total stuttering mess. I was at a bit of a loss because I have a far worse machine that ran the game way better. Since there is nothing else running on the machine and I knew the drivers were all up to date, I decided to go set nVidia profile up for the game just for the hell of it.
Anioptropic filtering OFF
Antialiasing FXAA OFF
Antialiasing MODE OFF
Antialiasing Setting None
Antialisasing Transparency OFF
CUDA - GPUs ALL
MAX Pre-Rendered Frames 4
Muilt-Display/Mixed-GPU Acceleration MULTI DISPLAY PERFORMANCE MODE
Power management mode PREFER MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE
Shader Cache OFF
Texture Filtering Anisotropic Sample Opti. OFF
Texture Filtering - Negative LOD BIAS ALLOW
Texture Filtering - Quality HIGH PERFORMANCE
Texture Filtering - Trilinear Optimization OFF
Threaded Optimization OFF
Triple Buffering OFF
Vertical Sync OFF
Virtual Reality Pre-Rendered Frames 4
Although I still got a bit of stutter - it's not a gaming rig period. It's single core, low profile cheap stuff. And the game was running almost perfectly. Before that it was completely unplayable.
So there's that... Let me know if this helps any of you
After I posted this, I did a play through of the 2nd half of our game. Playing on my build laptop since I was fixing a bug. I had zero jerkiness/jankiness. We're also using NWK 10.5 for our steam build. The last stage of the game *always* had a bit of jank to it, but this time through it was flawless 60fps. I even played through it again just to make sure I wasn't crazy and this level is deadly hard too!! Hopefully this fixes the issue for some people. I'm assuming it would be similar for Radeon cards etc.