Node-Webkit exporting error = renamed variables

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily store, modify, read and manipulate colors with Color Variables!
  • Before I begin, this seems to be a completely random bug that would be incredibly hard to reproduce. I am posting this bug report so that if it ever happens to anyone else they know how to fix it.

    Link to .capx file (required!):

    Unavailable. Please see below.

    Steps to reproduce:

    1. Get a random error when exporting with "Node-Webkit" (unfortunately, I clicked ignore when this error came up and didn't really pay much attention to what it said!)

    2. Click Ignore

    3. Try loading project again

    Observed result:

    When trying to load my project again I got numerous errors to do with the main event sheet for my game. I opened the xml in Notepad++ to see what the problem was and it seemed like it couldn't find any of my variables. I scrolled up to the top and nearly all my variables had been renamed so that they had a "3" at the end.

    I couldn't find anything like this on the forums so I'm guessing it's a freak error that's unlikely to happen again.

    Needless to say, removing the "3" from all my variables manually fixed the problem and my project can now be loaded again.

    Expected result:

    Operating system & service pack:

    Windows 7 64bit

    Construct 2 version:

    beta release r120.2

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • We can't really do anything about this without the exact text of the error message or full steps to reproduce reliably. Can you provide either?

  • I'm afraid not.

    This was less a report of a "bug that needs fixing" and more of a "If this ever happens to you this is how to fix it" kind of thing.

    Apologies if my thread was misplaced, I just posted it so if people ever encounter it they may be able to fix the problem.

    It may be worth noting that this happened using the "Brute" PNG compression but I have since been unable to replicate it (each build since has resulted in no errors).

    I just thought it may be worth mentioning :)

  • Going to close this as a one-off, if you can provide any more information please add it here and I'll consider re-opening it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)