Mutiplayer isn't sending messages

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • User can connect fine and server logs it but no messages can travel through the connection.

I have tried running them on the same computer, two different LAN computers, and across 2 different networks none of which worked.

Really need help with this to keep working!

-Venefic

• Closing as won't fix. The multiplayer object does not support connecting between two different projects. Simply put everything in the same project.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The multiplayer object does not support connecting between two different projects. Simply put everything in the same project.

I beg your pardon Ashley, it is actually supported and, because that's what I've been doing this past 3 months, it just that it requires a "different level of understanding" and would involve complex mathematics. This was proven in Blackhornet's MP TicTacToe tutorial. My project works like charm at the moment.

VeneficBlade this thread belongs in "how do I" or "what am i missing" thread. Your project is perfectly working, only that the way you used it confused yourself.

[moba.capx] Line8: the fact that the text shown "Invalid Username/Password" proved that your event works, and both are connected and already communicating and you forced disconnect upon receiving the message. Of course it would seem it doesn't connect.

Golden hinting advice: Name your variable wisely. This seems to be your major flaw at the moment. I know it's a flaw right after noticing your tag field as Username instead of "Username".

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)