Multiplayer is acting strange in version r176
Attach a Capx
[attachment=0:7zevmz9c]Multiplayer game example.capx[/attachment:7zevmz9c]
Description of Capx
Unmodified Multiplayer example
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- Step 1 Start Construct, Open the 3rd multiplayer example (real time game).
- Step 2 Press the Run Layout Button (for me default is Firefox)
- Step 3 Type "Foo" into the text box and start the server
- Step 4 Run the layout in a new tab in Firefox by typing in the URL "LocalHost:5000"
- Step 5 Type "Fred" into the text box and connect to the server
Error: RTCPeerConnection constructor passed invalid RTCConfiguration - missing url
http://localhost:50000/c2mp-peer.js, line 127 (col 35)
This is likely a bug in Construct 2 or a third party plugin or behavior - please report it to the developer. Subsequent errors will be logged to the console
In the background you can see that the networking text box says:
Connected Logging in...
Logged in with alias: Fred (AEEP)
Kicked (either could not connect to host or host quit)
The host's game does not appear to change in any way, they can still move and shoot and there are no new messages or peers.
Before updating, I would have a networked game.
- Chrome: Cannot connect to Firefox or visa versa, but can connect to a Chrome host.
- FireFox: YES
- Internet Explorer: Does not support multiplayer
Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 7 ultimate
Construct 2 Version ID
Construct 2 r176 (64 bit) beta