The multiplayer real time game tutorial is having synchronization issues on Chrome.
Attach a Capx
(I must have been away for too long, can't see the attach a file button in posting/editing)
Description of Capx
Multiplayer - real time game tutorial. The only modification made was to change the game name to scirra-gametutorial4 so as to have a personal testing room.
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- Step 1 - Open the Multiplayer Tutorial
- Step 2 - Change the GAME_NAME variable to some other value such as "scirra-gametutorial4".
- Step 3 - Run layout (in firefox), enter an alias and press the Join button.
- Step 4 - Copy the URL and start the game in a second tab in firefox and in a tab in Chrome
- The player on Chrome cannot damage the player(s) on firefox. Also has problems moving.
- The player on Chrome occasionally has very high latency and PDV.
- When the game was run in 2 tabs in chrome, both players disappeared from the game.
All players can damage the other players normally, and move correctly.
Low latency due to all tabs/browsers being on the same machine with the same connection.
- Chrome: YES
- FireFox: NO
- Internet Explorer: Cannot run multiplayer plugin
Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1
Construct 2 Version ID
Release 208 (64-bit) checked