Missing image/object during Run

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Problem Description

I initially went to Run a layout and it brought up that error message. Previously, everything was working as normal. I closed out the program and restarted it. When I clicked on my file at the top of the "Recent Projects" list, the same error came up.

Attach a Capx

Attached. Initially it did not seem to be related to the specific Capx, but a subsequent message after trying to proceed appears to the contrary. I'm not entirely sure what went wrong or how.

Description of Capx

Using the Shadow Casting behavior, I'm working on a twist to the classic maze games.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Unsure. I was using everything as normal.

Observed Result

I cannot open a Capx I was working on earlier.

Expected Result

To be able to open and run my Capx.

Affected Browsers

N/A

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 Service pack 1

Construct 2 Version ID

r174

• Hopefully you have your autobackup/autosave setup, as the .capx is totally broken. There are 3 missing folders in the project, so there is no chance of recovering it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm afraid the project cannot be recovered, it is entirely missing all animations and all image files. Hopefully you had Construct 2 set up to save backups in several places.

There's nothing we can do about this unless you can reproduce it or provide at least some kind of hint as to what caused it. I cannot conceive of any reason Construct 2 would delete all that data - we have coded the save routines very carefully specifically to avoid this kind of problem.

• Understood. Thank you for the info.

The only other thing that comes to mind that might have caused a problem is the fact that I had the file open in C2 during a defrag session. I didn't mess with the file (save or otherwise) during that time.

I do have a backup file saved, but I don't know how to use it to restore my work...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)