Missing Assets in Fee Pack

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Link to .capx file (required! If link is blocked remove the http and www parts):

drive.google.com/file/d/0B0MWE8QALlw7VXlVcTRjclB2RkU/edit

Steps to reproduce:

Assets here:

scirra.com/tutorials/253/how-to-make-a-platform-game

Don't match the contents of the Free Assets Pack. Unless I'm very much mistaken. The Free pack seems to be a Space Pack, and lacks the sprite-strip; so I can't complete the tutorial.

Observed result:

see above and see pic in link showing entire contents (or, folders, at least) of Free Asset Pack.

Expected result:

See above. Tried to post this in main forum, b ut not allowed to post links yet.

Browsers affected:

n/a

Operating system & service pack:

n/a

Construct 2 version:

Latest stable.

• They're not supposed to. From the tutorial:

his tutorial uses the Jungle Platformer sprites from the bundle you get when you purchase Construct 2. Once purchased, click the Download media bundle link in the About dialog to get the extra assets bundle. If you're using the free edition, you can substitute your own graphics, or try the alternative beginner's guide which provides all the sprites you need.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • My mistake, again. I tend to skim the preamble, even the emboldened preamble unfortunately.

• I just realised, instead of blaming myself entirely it might be more useful to say:

From a Design point of view: I've read through most of the first tutorial and this one duplicates a lot of the same content. That's probably a significant contributor to skipping the one important bit.

It's like Where's Wally - putting the important bit in with the superfluous (to that reader).

• Just so you know, some people will arrive and start with the "How to make a platform game" tutorial, simply discarding the beginner's guide.

So having the same bits of informations is kind of good practice for those two beginning tutorials.

Also, it doesn't hurt to repeat and provide the same informations from a tutorial to another, especially for newcomers that might have no experience in coding/game making.

• And I just discovered another issue - the actual reason I missed the intro bit: the CleanPages plugin in Opera reacts weirdly to your tutorial format, re-inserting page 1 between sequential pages - in a continuous scroll manner.

• Use Chrome;The best browser.

• Thanks, but... I just switched from about 15 years of using Mozilla. I'm sure Chrome has come a long way, but the day I'm pleasantly surprised by a Google product....

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)