Mirror & Flip doesn't work when object has 0 height, 0 width

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Goodbye to sprite fonts, when you have something new on the anvil for your upcoming Games !
  • Problem Description

When an object has 0 width, 0 height and you flip it or mirror it, then expand height or width, it's not flipped or mirrored.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Create sprite with 0 width 0 height
    • Mirror it
    • Expand height and width to 100
    • Object won't be mirrored as if mirrored wasn't applied.

Observed Result

Object doesn't flip or mirror

Expected Result

Object mirrors

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7

Construct 2 Version ID

r243

• Width, and height are what define flipped, and mirrored.

Try setting an objects width to self.width*-1 as an experiment.

• Closing as won't fix. As newt pointed out, mirror and flip invert the width and height, and with this approach it has no effect if the size is zero.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley, of course it shouldn't have an effect if mirror is applied, but shouldn't the mirror remain afterwards when you extend it? I realize the process is mathematically correct but the wording on "flipped” state and "mirrored” state indicates that once you apply it, it should behave as it is flipped/mirrored.

It's a small matter, I'd probably never benefit from it, was just interested in getting it to be more intuitive maybe.

Thanks anyway!

• I think you're expecting the object to be redrawn in reverse, but that's an expensive operation, and would take at least a tick to finish.

Flipped, and mirrored are just tags to make it easier to work with versus using the actual states of the object.

Like technically you could just compare the width of the object, but that's definitely not intuitive.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)