Some menus invisible until moused over.

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
A well commented template with list menus and shops to use in your top-down RPGs or metroidvania games!
  • I don't know if this counts as a bug or not, but I'm sure it's not 'intended' so I'll post it here.

This does not seem to be specific to any one capx, so there's no point in posting one. I have upgraded to version 152 (64 bit), though I may have had this problem before. I honestly can't say.

It happens all the time now. Basically, any "menu" will be invisible until I mouse over each option in the menu.

These include things like right clicking on a sprite (insert new object, edit animations, clone object type, etc.), the drop down arrow at the top of the screen (customize quick access toolbar, etc.), and things like right clicking on an animation (add animation, add subfolder, etc).

Now, this is not a crippling glitch. It does not affect performance. It is a bit annoying though, and slows me down a bit.

Sometimes, like I said, it will work fine, but I'd say that 90% of the time, I end up with an invisible menu that I need to mouse over before I can see what's there, and they show up one at a time.

I don't know what's causing it. This is the only program on my computer that does this.

It's a fairly new computer, Win 7. Let me know if you need anything else.

• I'm not sure exactly what your issue is (screenshot might help), but just to be sure, do you have your panes set to auto-hide?

• Here is a screen shot of right clicking on a sprite. You can see that only the options that my mouse cursor touches actually show up. It's completely invisible when I first right click. You can also see a faint outline of the pop up menu. It never actually fills in entirely. If I moused over the other options, they would show up too. They are not actually missing.

And of course, once out of every 30 clicks, it will show the menu as normal. Oh, and I'm not sure where the auto hide feature is, but I don't think it would be that.

• Are your graphics card drivers up to date? New computers sometimes ship with out of date drivers.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well, it seems that nvidia released another graphics card driver for the 680 last month. I did a clean install, and it seemed to fix the problem.

I thought I had updated not too long ago, but this year has gone by so fast, who knows.

Anyway, it works for now. I'll let you know if I have any more problems.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)