Mega Input delay bug on mac OS (NODE WEBKIT)

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Problem Description

Export the project of your choice (a demo project for instance) with node webkit.

Open it on mac os. Enjoy the mega lag.

PS: i've used BatChMod (chmod command automation) because i had permissions problems. But i'm sure it's not a problem of Chmod command.

Attach a Capx

Just export what you want that uses player inputs.

Description of Capx

Player input is delayed about 3-4 seconds.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Said in the description

Observed Result

Lag when you input something.

Expected Result

No lag when you input something.

Affected Browsers

It's node webkit on mac os.

Operating System and Service Pack

Mac Os 10.9.3

Construct 2 Version ID

Beta 174

• i have no lag on export to nodewebkit for OSX. keyboard, mouse and gamepad entry operates as expected.

• Closing as most likely not a C2 bug, there must be something in the OS or node-webkit causing the issue.

• I've noticed this same issue when exporting to nodewebkit (it's fine when running game from browser). Mac OS X 10.9.4

But yeah... may be just a nodewebkit issue that we'll have to wait for a webkit update or something?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I am now getting this after updating to 175

• vagaev

Was nervous about continuing dev after downgrading the project file itself -- was worried id introduce other bugs inherently by forcing the downgrade.

Instead I tried just replacing the exporters/html/nodewebkit folder in 175 with the one from 173 and it works without issue now. So im back to using 175 on my 175 project, but the nodewebkit exporter from 173 and it's all good.

Also confirms the issue lies within the nodewebkit exporter and not construct 2 itself, if that helps any..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)