When player is holding down a key on the keyboard and something takes the focus away from the game. Either an errant click outside of the game window, a right click outside of the game window, a steam alert popping up over the game, etc the game 'remembers' the key that was down and persists with pushing it even though window is not in focus. when returning to the game window, the key will continue to be pushed, even if it's not actually being pushed... the only way to 'fix' the issue is to hit that key again, causing it's state to reset.
Attach a Capx
Description of Capx
Simple 8 direction movement via arrow keys...
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- Preview CAPX
- Use arrow keys to control player.
- While holding a direction, right click a 'non-game' area... click the 'search' bar of the browser window, alt-tab away from the game, etc.
- While focus is lost, release the arrow key you were holding.
- Upon returning to the game, notice the direction key is still 'held' indefinitely.
- "Fix" the issue by re-touching the arrow key that the game 'thinks' is down. This will reset the state.
Lose focus to game = key pressed / touch states are forced to 'let go'.
- Chrome: (YES)
- FireFox: (YES)
- Internet Explorer: (YES)
Operating System and Service Pack
Construct 2 Version ID