while loop crash

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimalist Crash Balls is a game where the goal is to hit the ball on the portal, with 20 different levels :)
  • Problem Description

adding a while loop makes the preview window in any browser crash it dose not matter if the program is blank or not if it helps I'm using windows 8.1 and i tried it on chrome and explorer if you insert the keyboard and tell it when any key activate the while loop it will crash after you press the selected key

open a blank document add a while loop and run it

it will crash any browser

• Without seeing your code.. Are you sure you do know how While loops are supposed to work? It may well be that I'm wrong, but I just expect you have created an infinite loop and thus got stuck forever?

• What's the use of just one event "while" on the event sheet?

Does that make any sense?

*Game opens*

Event sheet:

while

• Yep. The game is definitely stuck in an infinite loop. Honestly, there isn't much use for While since every non-trigger event already fires every tick. And for your While Key is down, take out the While block. the event already fires every tick that the key is down.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing, please follow the bug report guidelines. Note if you use the while loop incorrectly you will create an infinite loop, which will hang the browser and is not a bug, just a consequence of making an infinite loop.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)