Keyboard Plugin input hook interactivity

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Problem Description

Keyboard Plugin does not consistently detect keyboard physical position in certain situations (ie when key is released)

Attach a Capx

____ Upload a Capx to this post ____

Description of Capx

Sprite element contains CustomMovement plugin. CustomMovement is simply mapped to WASD keys.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Run the game, then hold down the W key. Sprite moves up.
    • While W key is held down, press and hold D key. Sprite moves up-right.
    • Then release D key only (W still held down). Sprite nudges up, but stops afterwards.

Then try another variation:

• Hold down the W key. Sprite moves up.
    • While W key is held down, press and hold D key. Sprite moves up-right.
    • Then release W key only. Sprite moves right and does not stop.

Observed Result

When W key is held, and then D is held afterwards, releasing the D key will stop the movement altogether. But if the W key is released, the movement smoothly continues.

Expected Result

It seems like only the last pressed key is being received during a keyboard position check. I'd expect that the the keyboard's input is checked more actively so that player control is smooth. By the way, this behaviour is also the same when using 8-direction, and using arrow keys. As it stands, this behaviour limits the use of keyboard-driven movement.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Win 7 Pro

Construct 2 Version ID

Release 184

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can't reproduce, works correctly here. Are you sure you have a keyboard that supports multiple keypresses? Some times of keyboards fail to detect multiple keypresses with certain combinations.

• Thank you for checking. I took my hardware for granted; will double check with a totally different computer.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)