Key down events with a Physics Tilemap can fail in Edge

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
On the Edge is a puzzle game where you have 40 levels to have fun with.
  • Problem Description

When an immovable Physics behaviour tilemap is in a layout 'key down' events fail in Edge

Attach a Capx

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnzkE7yFwDAQgehlNrznFaMQqZNP9A

Description of Capx

Play and this capx displays a text message about whether the W key is held down or not. There are also some tiles of a physics behaviour tilemap in the same layout. In Edge, the keydown events are often missed.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1: Hold W down for a few seconds and observe text
    • Step 2: release W for a few seconds and observe text
    • Step 3: repeat above (6-10 times should be sufficient) IMPORTANT: do not press other keys, touch the mouse or touch screen during this test as it corrects the defect.

Observed Result

In Chrome, FF, and IE, the capx behaves as expected. Edge, however, tends to miss key down/up events.

Expected Result

games in Edge to know when keys are up or down with a Physics tilemap present

Affected Browsers

• Edge: (YES)
    • Chrome: (NO)
    • FireFox: (NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10 - note it recently installed the anniversary update

Construct 2 Version ID

The latest non-beta, I think, r233. 64bit

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I can reproduce. It looks like a very weird issue: keyboard input and physics have literally nothing to do with each other, they are entirely separate in the C2 codebase. I guess this is some kind of bug with Microsoft Edge, particularly since all the other browsers work, so you should probably report it here instead: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/platform/issues/

• Ok, thanks, I figured as much. I'm a bit of a computer ignoramus, but will try to report as an edge bug.

• I am having the same issue in edge as well as a released app. I originally noticed it after the windows anniversary release but I also updated to the latest version of Construct 2 239 at about the same time.

I just tested an older version of my app in both edge and ie. It has the problem in edge but not ie. So it is most lkely due to the anniversary windows release.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)