Javascript Error

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Link to .capx file (required! If link is blocked remove the http and www parts):

drive.google.com/file/d/0B0MWE8QALlw7dWpYR0RtWHZJY28/edit

Steps to reproduce:

1. Preview game

Observed result:

Error message. See file

Expected result:

See file.

Browsers affected:

Opera

Operating system & service pack:

Win7 SP1

Construct 2 version:

Latest Stable

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing, please follow all the bug report guidelines including a .capx that reproduces the problem.

• I did. And you have it already (see other bug report). And it doesn't reproduce the problem, hence sending you the error message instead. I can't do any better, I'm afraid, since the problem can't be reproduced on my system.

• The link you gave only seems to point to a screenshot. It's confusing to deal with cross-referenced bug reports so please include all relevant information in every report.

• I take your point, I probably should have made it clear that 'I think' it has little or nothing to do with the actual file. 'I think' it occurred when the mouse left the bounds of the game window and I clicked on the something in my browser.

It's taken 2 days to come back to me, and in future I'll attach the file as well.

Again, from a Design perspective, I think if you found a way to streamline the bug reporting process it might be better for everyone. All the warnings and strict procedures tend to indicate it's had a lot of problems being effective in the past.

Submitting 3 bug reports in a row and learning to do half a dozen things from scratch on several different websites (all with their own bugs and peculiarities) for me at least, is overwhelming and leads to more mistakes.

I don't have the solution, yet, and I've found that all bug reporting systems leave much to be desired.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)