Iphone app video opens in IOS media player

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
8-bit retro-style music and sound effects: 10 loops-able music tracks and 301 individual SFX!
  • Problem Description

My application built with Intel XDK, opens the streamed video file in the built in media player, instead of the app screen on IOS.

Attach a Capx

URL of the capx:

ispiration.hu/alicedemox/Sample4bugreport.capx

Description of Capx

Sets the source of the video plugin, clicking the button it starts to play. Building IOS app with Intel XDK, the video opens in a spearate window in the IOS media player.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Start capx
    • Click on the button

Observed Result

the video opens in a spearate window in the IOS media player, not in the app screen. Same problem in Safari. But now I need to solve the in-app player issue.

Expected Result

Play the video file in the app.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (NO)
    • FireFox: (NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (NO)
    • Safari IOS: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

IOS 8.4

Construct 2 Version ID

Release 210 (64-bit)

• It works correctly in the Safari browser on iOS on an iPad. The iPhone displays it fullscreen with video controls, but that is how Safari handles video playback on the iPhone and there is nothing we can do to change it. The code C2 runs in the XDK is identical, so if the XDK does something different to Safari, that suggests the bug is in the XDK and not Construct 2. I think you should report this to Intel instead.

• Hi Ashley, thanks for the reply. In this case, if Safari opens the video separately, how can I use webgl effects on any video?

many thanks,

Zsolt

• You can't. It's a limitation in iOS Safari.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have the same issue. Video opens in the builit in media player on iOS when testing with XDK. Does anyone have a solution to this?

• SilentRebel

I have the same issue. Video opens in the builit in media player on iOS when testing with XDK. Does anyone have a solution to this?

As it states HERE, please don't post in a closed bug report.

If you think you have an actual C2 software bug, then please post a new bug report, ensuring you follow all of the Bug Reporting Requirements.

If you just have a question, then make a new post in the C2 'How Do I' section.

• i have a same problem, but i founded in google alternative option and finally find best video player app for iOS, and solved my problem, and i founded many video player application for iOS on this thread. I am using VLC Media player because of built in function to play most of the video without downloading codec pack, and directly download into VLC, copy MKV Format video URL from any browser and paste here to download video and save to your device.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)