ios 9 - open new browser window

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the Construct Starter Kit Collection and the Student Workbook from the Workshop.
  • Problem Description

Cannot navigate to web-page via browser plugin on ios 9 using the default browser.

Attach a Capx

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/331 ... Issue.capx

Description of Capx

Button opens new window in browser

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1 - Press button on ios9 enabled mobile device.

Observed Result

Nothing

Expected Result

Should open new browser window

Affected Browsers

• Native ios 9

Construct 2 Version ID

• Experiencing the same issue on Safari on iOS 9+

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • We did some further testing, this seems to effect iOS 9+

We tested older games developed in previous versions of c2. It seems they are all effected in the same way.

Also...

c2 button does not register touch event, nor instigate opening new window using browser object.

• Original link returns 404 not found, so closing. IIRC you also contacted support and I had verified it was in fact working; one possible cause is choosing "Block" when iOS prompts if you want to allow a popup window, which may be permanent.

• Ashley Oh sorry I cleared out my Dropbox, I'll re create it. I didn't contact support but will look into 'block'

• OK, maybe it was someone different reporting the same problem, but I couldn't reproduce it - iOS 9 still opened links just fine, but it first pops up a dialog saying "Do you want to allow the page to open a popup window?" with "Allow" and "Block" buttons. If you press "Block" it may be permanent which might make you think it's not working. I guess it's also possible you could have added a new content blocking extension that blocks popups as well?

• Ashley - I honestly couldn't say, I made a game advert for a client and this is what the client said in feedback and no matter how many versions I sent they came back with the same result, I however need to purchase a modern iPhone to be able to test myself, but making it open in the same page instead of a new window works. It's not a big deal anyway, thanks for looking into it Ashley.

• We are having the same problem, using r227 and running our game in Safari on iOS 9.

• When using the Browser object's "Open URL in new window", nothing happens. It should open the url in a new window.
    • But when using the Browser object's "Go to URL" with Target self, then it goes to that url in the same window, as expected.

The problem is that in iOS 9, in the Safari settings, "Block Pop-ups" is enabled by default.

If I disable this setting, then Safari shows the "This site is attempting to open a pop-up window" alert, and you can either choose "Block" or "Allow".

But if the setting is enabled, then it just silently fails without any notice.

If C2 can open a new window without triggering iOS 9 Safari's pop-up blocker (like a regular html link with target="_blank"), then that would be very helpful.

FYI, I do NOT have any iOS 9 content blockers installed.

• Did anyone find a fix or workaround for this?

Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)