iOS Homescreen

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

joshkruszynski.com/test7.capx

Steps to reproduce:

1. Export project as HTML5 website.

2. Open link on iOS device mobile Safari, tap to unmute. touch and 2-finger touch to test audio events.

3. Add to Homescreen

4. Back out of browser, open from homescreen.

Observed result:

All audio plays intermittently. Sometimes no audio, sometimes just beep sound effect, sometimes 1 of the expected music tracks, sometimes the other. Edit: Also, occasionally the game cannot be backed-out of, necessitating a hard-reset of the device!

Expected result:

Open link from homescreen. Tap to unmute mobile safari, music plays at start. Beep plays on every touch. On 2nd touch, music is dimmed, and new audio plays. Release 2nd touch, return to old music.

Browsers affected:

Mobile Safari: iOS 6.1.3

Chrome: N/A

Firefox: N/A

Internet Explorer: N/A

Operating system & service pack: Windows 7 32-bit. Service pack...not listed in Ctrl Panel > Systems Settings??

Construct 2 version: R134

• I can reproduce the problem, but it looks like a bug in iOS rather than Construct 2. The fact it works OK in Safari means all our code is probably correct, then for some reason iOS fails to play audio when running from the home screen. I'd recommend reporting this issue to Apple.

• Thanks for looking into it Ashley!

It's interesting though that my older projects have all worked perfectly fine, and still do? Maybe it'll be fixed in iOS7?

Thanks again.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • When you make a Web Clip (ios homescreen) you'll get in performance issues cause half cache support, sandbagging and no nitro boost because safari api don't give the same access as in web browsing.

Your app will drop from 25% to 50% in performance when clipped.

• But you dont need a 99$ Apple Dev account if it runs as "browser app". Thats why I only use Cocoon for Android so far. :(

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)