Certain sound files (this seems to happen with very short sounds, like a footstep or a "getting hit" sound) will cause the game to fail to load on mobile. The game will load fine on PC, however.
Attach a Capx
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/987 ... orked.capx
Description of Capx
There is simply an Audio object, as well as the culprit sound file (this time it happened to be a footstep from a game I'm working on) in the sounds folder. There are no events. When launched on PC it will run, but on mobile (at the very least when previewing over wifi) it will throw an error and either try to reload the page or crash.
This bug only happens if both the Audio object and a sound file exist, even if no code tells that sound to run. Without the Audio object, the crash does not happen.
If the sound file itself were bad, one would think it would have problems importing, or if not that, then both PC and Safari would crash?
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- Create new default project.
- Create Audio object
- Download this example broken sound file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98721999/step1.wav (or just make a really short sound, maybe it'll happen?)
- Import the sound file into Construct 2 normally
- Launch Game on both PC and Mobile
PC works fine, but it crashes on mobile
The layout should run.
- Safari (I only have an iPhone so I couldn't test any other mobile platform)
Operating System and Service Pack
Construct 2 Version ID
Version 90 (64-bit)