My apologies. The repro steps are below.
Windows 8 PRO, Construct 114, IE 10, Graphics Drivers up to date.
GOAL: Import an HD image and use it as a placement guide for other elements.
ISSUE: The imported image only displays in the upper left quadrant of the placeholder at 1/4th the size.
CAPX FILE: "HDImportImage.capx" in sdrv.ms/W58sdQ
1. Create a new blank project
2. With the project name highlighted in the Project Window, change the WINDOW SIZE in the properties box to 1920, 1080.
3. Select Layout 1 in the Project Window and change the LAYOUT SIZE to 1920, 1080.
4. Right-click the layout and select INSERT NEW OBJECT
5. Choose SPRITE as the object type and name it "HDbackground"
6. The image editor box opens.
7. Choose the FOLDER icon to import the image
8. The image looks correct in the editor.
9. Close the editor
10. The image is only in the upper left quadrant of the placeholder and cannot be used as a guide for placement.
11. Run the Layout, image displays in full resolution.