Import audio files - Check failure

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
100+ Musical High Quality Sound Effects for your game!
  • I wanted to test how Construct dealing with the audio tools if they do not exist.

---------------------------

Construct 2 Check failure

Check failure! This is probably a bug:

Cannot find flac.exe!

Condition: FileExists(flac_exe.c_str())

File: Dialogs\ImportAudioDlg.cpp

Line: 565

Function: void __thiscall CImportAudioDlg::DoEncoding(void)

Build: release 50 (32-bit) checked

Component: Construct 2 IDE

(Last Win32 error: 3)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports! Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.

Abbrechen   Wiederholen   Ignorieren   

• C2 ships with the audio tools, and this only happens if you go deleting files from the install directory. I don't think this is something we need to fix tbh.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Which message would Construct show me if I work later with a non checked version? As a software developer I agree with you completely, but you have to remember that (in an extreme case) a virus scanner can show the user a false alarm for the audio tools and the user delete the tools. I know that's quite a stretch :D

• If you ignore the check failure, you'll see what would happen in a non checked build. I think it should simply report in the next screen that encoding/decoding failed.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)