Images containing 1 pixel lines cause flickering

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
500 monsters and creatures images for card games - Set 1
  • Problem Description

When using a tilemap, tiledbackground or even a single sprite made of 1px lines those lines start to flicker on movement.

But the problem nearly disappears when turning off WebGL.

First i started an "How To"-thread to ask if i doing something wrong, i am justing adding the link as reference:

how-to-prevent-flickering-on-tilemaps_t182182

Attach a Capx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kruahx1t1fb6v ... .capx?dl=0

Description of Capx

It contains a tilemap made of 1px lines. on top there is a blue rectangle-sprite having 8-direction behavior so you can move across the map.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• just move around using arrowkeys to cause movement of tilemap
    • or: assign the 8-direction behavior to the tilemap to move it directly

Observed Result

heavy flickering of those lines depending on movement-direction.

Expected Result

Nothing should flicker like rendering without WebGL

Affected Browsers

• FireFox: YES
    • NWjs: YES

Operating System and Service Pack

Win 10

Construct 2 Version ID

r233 (stable)

• I got curious & tried it both WebGL "On" & "Off" but I see both state still flickering. Wait. Isn't that how graphics work? I'm not entirely sure but I think that is how graphic cards draw. As the screen moves it can't entirely keep up that causes the flickering.

• Closing as not a bug: you're just seeing the effect of linear sampling over sub-pixel positions. This is a normal result in computer graphics.

For pixel-perfect display, use the project settings 'Letterbox integer scale', Pixel rounding on, and 'Point' sampling.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • After switching to "Letterbox integer scale", activating Pixel rounding and Point-sampling it is even worse than before. after loading the game only vertical lines are shown. and if i move around those vertical lines start to flicker and sometimes disappear completely. i have no idea what i am doing wrong.

But still on my dev-system it helps just to deactivate WebGL...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)