What happened!!?? C2 wont run my projects!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • if any of my posts were unpleasant they were not meant to be, this is my kind of sense of humour, sorry if anyone was actually annoyed by this. as for the impatient tone, well, it's hard to be patient when you try do something and over last week or two you bump on more bugs than you would ever thought. I get the idea of alpha and beta, but if something works, why break it, this isn't in any way beta or alpha related thing. also I believe I'm kind of commited (since early stages of construct classic I really seen a lot) user and I (of course as you and others) deserve some kind of fast reaction to not working build, especially if I seen updating broken builds in ten minutes not once. sorry again and again if someone was offended in any way. half of it was a joke, other half was a desperate call to action as new build is clearly broken and all I got is this lousy t-shirt ;) cheers!

and back to the topic Ashley , can we please get a fix of this?

• Kyatric always with the best words on the most suitable situation =]

• Sorry for the trouble everyone. However, please read How to report bugs and always follow the guidelines - the original post ("C2 wont run my projects") is not a useful bug report, the first thing I did was export the Physics demo and it worked fine. I believe the real issue is this one where if you don't have a jump-thru object in the layout the Platform movement hangs, which is to do with the fix to the jump-thru behavior in the changelog for r79. If you can't wait, you can download a fixed runtime.js for the platform movement here, or just go back to using an old release (that's why they're there!). Unfortunately being a small team we can't afford a whole test lab to extensively verify every build before it goes out, so sometimes these things sometimes slip through the net and get released. If you are concerned about breaks in future you can simply wait a few days after a new release to make sure it's OK for production use. We've also been meaning to formally split releases in to stable and testing branches, but having a million things on our todo list and new features regularly being asked for, it's one of many things that's not quite done yet I'm afraid! But I think this case means it should be a new priority to get that branching sorted out.

I'm also going to have a look at the other new bug reports, hopefully it will just be straightforward to get fixed and release an update soon. Sorry again for the trouble and I hope r78 can tide you over in the mean time!

• (Just be patient, Ashley is reviewing all the feedback posted since the release and according to his usual response time we should have a fully corrected and working version very soon.)

HAHAHA gladly ninja'd ^^

I was kind of offended by your posts, but I guess it is more like not knowing the limit between the "joke" and the "desperation".

It is always hard in written posts with people you're not close with to know this limit.

And so to conclude, a friendly tip when a new release comes out, just scan the comments and posts before downloading it to make sure no feature you require might have been broken.

If you don't want to "beta test", wait a couple of days before downloading the new releases.

On this one, bad luck, you seemed to have been amongst the firsts to spot and report issues.

• no. the best word would be:

Error: this.xa.hq is not extensible

Source: sugames.eu/rotadefense/html/c2runtime.js

Line: 31

exported html:

sugames.eu/rotadefense/html

hope that actually helps someone to fix the bug, I believe this is responsible for all this.

Kyatric that's why I tend to use all the happy emoticons. forgive me please, didn't wan't to offend you, but will have that in mind. next time I will smash some plates on the floor first and after that will post here :)

• no. the best word would be:

Error: this.xa.hq is not extensible

Source: sugames.eu/rotadefense/html/c2runtime.js

Line: 31

hope that actually helps someone to fix the bug, I believe this is responsible for all this

ranma: check a few posts back, Ashley posted a solution.

For the code you're posting, it's unfortunately minified code, which makes it pretty much "undebugable".

Try/wait for Ashley's fix and if the issue still happen, try to export the project non minified and spot the same line.

Also, be aware that third-party plugins can cause this kind of error (a very similar error was reported earlier).

Anyway, with minified code, no way to tell.

• not using any third party plugins as trying to get this to arcade. will export not minified code in couple of seconds :)

edit: works now, so it's either fixed platform behaviour (but I wasn't using it!) or minifier. investigating in progress... :)

• I will definetly make sure to make future bugreports more detailed, sorry about that :)

• ok, the problem is in minifier itself (again, bad minifier!)

when exporting without minifying - game runs, but when turned on, there's this error that I posted earlier.

but please be advised that even without minifying, the arcade behaviors don't work as they should.

• Ashley: May this have to do with the new version of closure ?

ranma: also have you tried Ahsley's fix ?

• ranma your exported project works fine here, what are the repro steps?

It might be worth making a new thread if it's a separate bug, since this thread is already a bit confusing with different issues.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ranma: also have you tried Ahsley's fix ?

yes, that's after installing it.

• ranma your exported project works fine here, what are the repro steps?

It might be worth making a new thread if it's a separate bug, since this thread is already a bit confusing with different issues.

ok, everything from the start:

^ there is exported game (minified), that should look like this one:

scirra.com/arcade/addicting-rotary-games/461/rotadefense

but also, the arcade version doesn't work, there is keyboard behaviour, that should on escape - pause game, on "A" and "D" keypress should make planet spin.

• ranma, I'm confused, what about the "Error: this.xa.hq is not extensible"? Where does that occur?

• ranma, I'm confused, what about the "Error: this.xa.hq is not extensible"? Where does that occur?

in firefox script error console (don't know how's that in english version, as I'm using non-english firefox, but something like that probably)

does any of you see something more than two white texts and blue construct link? maybe clear cache? :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)