Global Layer properties not overriding a newly named layer

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Globals 2.0
$3.99 USD
Globals 2.0 stores and group variables. You can also load and save data (variables) from/to JSON files.
  • Problem Description

I had a layer set as Global in the properties window. In a different layout, I renamed a layer to that of the global layer and I noticed that the Editor Properties window for the newly named layer didn't show "Global: (yes, overridden)" as expected. Instead the window showed "No" and, on testing, it appeared that the layer properties had not been overridden. This error was rectified when the game was saved and then restarted.

Attach a Capx

[attachment=0:1yi92qm6][/attachment:1yi92qm6]

Description of Capx

The capx contains 2 layouts. Layout 1 contains a black opaque Global Layer named "Copy_My_Name"; the other layers on that layout and on Layout 2 are not global.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Copy the name of the global layer into any of the layers on Layout 2
    • Note the display in the layer Editor Properties window indicates that the layer is not overridden
    • Run Layout 2 and observe that the layer settings have not been overridden to black/opaque
    • If you save the modified capx, it will work correctly after it is re-opened

Observed Result

As described above.

Expected Result

The editor should set the layer as being overridden if the name is changed to that of a global layer, without the need to restart the project.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

W8.1 x64

Construct 2 Version ID

r184

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks, good catch. Fixed for next build.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)