fullscreen scaling off problems

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • Problem Description

Proportions and coordinates are not correct in fullscreen scaling off mode, when the zoom mode of the page at launch is at something different than 100%

Attach a Capx

https://copy.com/LExZ1imGnwNYOCvO

Description of Capx

A simple layout with no fullscreen scaling that will save a screenshot for comparison purposes.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• start the layout preview at 100% zoom, see that the layout looks correct / as in Construct 2
    • set the preview page's zoom to something else than 100%, so for example 75%
    • start the layout preview again or reload the page -> proportions / coordinates are wrong

Observed Result

Proportions (sprites to window size) and coordinates are wrong (in relation to for example mouse.x / mouse.y).

Examples:

Subscribe to Construct videos now

(difference shown between starting at 100% zoom and 90%)

coordinates being messed up:

in this example the blue sprite cube's origin is at the middle of the blue cube. Mouse was at roughly the middle of the white window, mouse.x was at 2 as the text shows. The sprite's x coordinate was set to mouse.x, so the cubes should be centered. Instead they are in the left part of the window.

Expected Result

Window size should probably set up in the project multiplied by the zoom factor. Setting a sprite's position to mouse.x and mouse.y will set it's position to where the mouse pointer is when the sprite's origin is at it's middle.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (I will not install this browser, someone else may test it)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)
    • Opera: (YES)
    • NW.js: (does not have a page zoom functionality I think, so not relevant there)

Operating System and Service Pack

win 7 64bit most recent sp

Construct 2 Version ID

r201 beta

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Your .capx link doesn't seem to be working right now, I just get a blank page. Maybe it's a site outage? Could you try posting to Dropbox or another service as well?

• Sure, the copy service sucks right now, maybe I'll have to switch over to another service <<

http://strategy-investor.de/mgz10/scaling.capx

• I can't reproduce any issue in Chrome, it appears to render correctly. I'm not sure why your .capx invokes a download of a screenshot either, it seems unrelated to the bug report, did you attach the right .capx? It does not use any mouse input and it looks different to your screenshot too.

• It happens in all tested browsers (Firefox, IE, Opera), so very likely in Chrome, too. I won't install Chrome, but the youtube video shows pretty easily how to reproduce the bug (= you only need to know how to set the zoom level of your browser). Delete the screenshotting if it annoys you. I only added it so one could easily measure out the proportions/sizes of the boxes in an image editor.

• Please test with Chrome, it's an essential part of bug reporting to identify browser-specific issues.

• It's not browser specific, but kind of your decision, if you want to leave the bug in Construct 2.

• I don't see what that has to do with whether or not you test in Chrome? It is an essential part of making a useful bug report to test across all browsers and report that information to me, so I can do the same and compare my results. It is very common that what I see is different to what you describe, and therefore this is an essential step in communicating the issue and getting to the bottom of the cause. Why don't you want to install Chrome?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)