Frame rate drops with new NWJS

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Selection frame like in RTS games, works both on mobile and desktop devices.
  • Problem Description

Frame rate drops when playing the game with node webkit. It will drop to around 30-40 FPS then go back up to 60.

It only happens in node webkit. I have tried disabling the code and enabling to find the problem to see if it was the code's problem but

the game runs in chrome fine and ran fine before the new node webkit v0.13.0 beta 4 (Chromium 48).

A link to more people having the same problem.

Attach a Capx

My capx is large and almost done and I am having problems recreating the problem with a smaller capx.

Description of Capx

N/A

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1 Play the game.
    • Step 2 Wait a couple of seconds then fps will drop to around 30-40 fps then go back up to 60 fps.
    • Step 3 etc. Repeat

Observed Result

____ What happens? ____

FPS drop then goes back up randomly.

Expected Result

____ What do you expect to happen? ____

No fps drops.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (NO)
    • FireFox: (NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

Tested on Windows 7 and 10.

Construct 2 Version ID

r221

• As per the bug report guidelines, please provide a .capx demonstrating the issue or there is basically nothing we can do.

• Ashley

I have been trying to replicate the problem with no results. I did try using the other NWJS versions and by using v0.13.0 beta 2 (Chromium 47) the game will have 1 lag spike or none most of the time.

Is there anything that effects running NWJS the most? I am happy that older one runs the game good but I want to be sure that I could update NWJS eventually and have no problems if I'm the only one with the problem and it doesn't get fixed.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • NW.js is based on the same browser engine as Chrome, so I find it difficult to explain why there would ever be a performance difference between the two.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)