Font Size Changes When I Run Layout and Export to HTML

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Problem Description

Since I've upgraded to Windows 10, every time I go to run my layout, all of my text seems to shrink in size by around half. This problem occurs even if I export it as an HTML project and upload it to my website. This problem also started to occur when I got a 4K monitor. However, the issue persists even if I move my browser window to my 1080p monitor. The font has also shrunk if I view the html (http://www.michaeljgerrity.com/font-issues/) on my phone. Here's what I see in Construct 2 http://imgur.com/gXpqCrd.jpg and here you can see what it looks like when I run my layout http://imgur.com/3PzVrhO.jpg

Attach a Capx

http://www.michaeljgerrity.com/font-issues/fontissues.capx

Description of Capx

The Capx just contains text.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1 - Just run the layout in your browser, there's no interactivity, and no event sheet.

Observed Result

When the project is run in any browser, the font/text size shrinks.

Expected Result

I would expect the font sizes to appear the same inside of Construct 2 as well as in my browser.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10 (I'm new to Windows, I don't know what the service pack it, but I'm up to date as of 8/11/15)

Construct 2 Version ID

r211, however, I was experiencing this problem in r206 as well. I updated to r211 to see if that would fix the problem.

• Closing as not a bug. Your project uses "Letterbox scale" fullscreen mode, so will scale the display to fit the browser. The browser is usually smaller than the full size of the monitor, so the displayed game will appear smaller than the C2 preview.

• Closing as not a bug. Your project uses "Letterbox scale" fullscreen mode, so will scale the display to fit the browser. The browser is usually smaller than the full size of the monitor, so the displayed game will appear smaller than the C2 preview.

No, you're wrong. Look at the screenshots I linked. I understand exactly what you're saying, but the game scales fine, my font isn't scaling with the whole size of the game. It's a problem with your program (or Window 10's) compatibility with Ultra HD monitors. I confirmed that it has to do with the monitor by starting up my computer and logging in with my 4k monitor turned off, opened construct 2, and sure enough my font problem was fixed. The fonts were properly scaling and showing the same size in my project as in my browser. This was not the case if I logged in with my 4k monitor on. Once I logged in with my 4k monitor off, I could turn it back on, open construct 2, and the font scaling worked properly as well.

So I don't know if it's an issue with Construct 2, or Windows 10, but there's definitely an issue with font scaling and 4K monitors.

• OK, I've re-opened it, but the letterbox scaling is resolution-agnostic and DPI-agnostic. There's really nothing special about the 4K case, it's treated identically to 2K, 1080p, 720p, 320x200 etc., so I'll take a look but I don't think I've ever heard of any issue like this before.

• I'm having a similar issue. I'm developing a project with a PC with Windows 10. Every text have the correct size both inside C2 and in any browser while running with Windows 10 but if I open this same project with a PC with Windows 7 all the texts get bigger, ruining the alignment of (for example) the ranking table.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This might refer to the problem i described in the bug report "Windows Scaling produces text size Bug"

• There's a fix aimed at resolving this in r219. Could you let me know if it works for you? Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)