Family: Drag and Drop

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
A collection of various zombie characters sprites for creating a 2D platformer or sidescroller game
  • Problem Description

I have a Family with the Drag and Drop behavior which my puzzle pieces are inside of. Approximately 1 out of 5 plays there will be 1 puzzle piece which will not grab on the first, second of even third clicks of the mouse. I had the problem in Windows 7 and just upgraded to 10 and still have the same issue. I also just installed the latest Beta from the latest stable version of C2 and both versions I have encountered this problem.

Here is what the puzzle looks like ( to make things faster for you)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ztvx1frxyvatet/Capture.JPG?dl=0

Attach a Capx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubwe864564vkk ... .capx?dl=0

Description of Capx

Drag and Drop Puzzle Game

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Click on sprite Drag to game area Drop in place Repeat with all pieces

Observed Result

Sometimes (randomly) the Drag and Drop behavior will not pick up the sprite

Expected Result

Drag and Drop to always pick up the sprite

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 (latest)

Windows 10 (latest)

Construct 2 Version ID

r220

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Could the problem be "Piece10" It's collision polygon is a diamond instead of a triangle. You have to click in the center to get it to move.

Oh, lots may be like that.

• Piece 10 hasn't given me an issue at all actually. It's a very random and not often problem that isn't happening on every one of my levels or pieces. After the first level was done, I copied, pasted and 'Replace Object' command is used to modify all the rest. I've never had an issue on my first level. When it happens, it will annoy the players as it will affect their time on putting the puzzle together.

• Yes, all your triangles are only draggable from the very center, if you grab outside of the square you have defined in the center of all your triangles you miss the polygon and it appears to not be draggable.

You may have other shapes with the same problem. Some were fine, I didn't go through all of them.

• AH! I found what you meant with collision polygon!!! It's my own stupidity, not a bug. Thanks Paradox!

• Piece #9 was giving me the most grief....now that you've pointed out the collision polygon feature to me, I can see why.

• Closing as not a bug.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)