Families Bug

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Problem Description

I have 2 different families. Both holds the same objects. When i try to pick objects in family 1 by UID, it works great. When i try to pick objects by UID from family 2 it does not work.

Attach a Capx

[urlhttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20560446/Scirra/family_error.capx

Description of Capx

Some examples of UID picking in families that does not work.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Create 2 sprites
    • Create 2 families
    • add both sprites to both families.
    • try pick by UID from family 2, does not work. Observed Result Not picking correctly. Expected Result Expected to select the correct object with the correct UID. Affected Browsers
      • Chrome: (YES/NO) Yes
      • FireFox: (YES/NO) Don't know
      • Internet Explorer: (YES/NO) Yes
      • Edge: (YES/NO) Yes

Operating System and Service Pack

Win 10.

Construct 2 Version ID

Construct 2 beta r229

• In events 5 and 9 you are picking from group2 but the action that sets opacity is for group1. I'm guessing you meant to have the action apply to group2 not group1.

• In events 5 and 9 you are picking from group2 but the action that sets opacity is for group1. I'm guessing you meant to have the action apply to group2 not group1.

I was thinking of using Group 1 for picking objects by UID, Since UID's are same no matter what group the objects are in I wanted to apply changes to objects in Group 2 based on the UID's picked from Group 1? Or this maybe not possible by design? Maybe the only way is to load all the picked objects UID's in group 1 to an Array? and then pick UID's from the array, to pick objects from Group 2? Just seemed very inefficient, and cumbersome to do it that way.

• Just add Group1.Pick_by_UID(Group2.UID)

• Families maintain different picked instances, by design. If you pick from one family and have actions for a different family, the actions will still apply to all instances.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley, Thanks I didn't get that at first, so you can close the bug.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)