Falsely reported collision on restart of layout

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Problem Description

A collision is being falsely reported on start of layout when I immediately restart a layout due to a collision

Attach a Capx

Got a SQL error when attaching a capx. Here's a link to my capx: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wgrs1vw3rko1 ... .capx?dl=0

Description of Capx

This capx gives you control of a "Player" object with Platform behavior. The "Player" can interact with 3 objects that have the "Solid" behavior:

• Normal - Nothing special. Normal solid.
    • Hazard - A hazard that will cause the player to "die". As of right now, death simply results in an immediate restart of layout. I assume this is a perfectly reasonable way to handle a quick restart.
    • SolidTrigger - This solid will "light up" the first time it's touched. This happens to be an easy way to communicate a collision in this demo. There are two layouts. One that easily communicates the bug when you follow the reproduction steps and one that showcases normal interaction

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Scenario A

• Start with the "BUG - Prelit Platform" layout
    • Drop down the right side of the starting platform.
    • The player should land on a Hazard directly above the leftmost SolidTrigger (this SolidTrigger may light up)
    • The layout will immediately restart

Scenario B

• Start with the "BUG - Prelit Platform" layout
    • Run full speed to the right
    • The player should land on a Hazard directly above the second SolidTrigger from the left (this SolidTrigger may light up)
    • The layout will immediately restart

Observed Result

Scenario A - The second SolidTrigger from the left starts as lit when the layout restarts

Scenario B - The leftmost SolidTrigger starts as lit when the layout restarts

Expected Result

I expect all the SolidTriggers to start as un-lit when a layout restarts.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: YES (Scenario B)
    • FireFox: YES (Scenario B)
    • Internet Explorer: YES (Scenario A & B)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1

Construct 2 Version ID

r200 64-bit

• I can see a different object lighting up, but is there any way you could simplify the .capx at all? If it's just 2-3 objects and it reproduces right away without having to interact, it would be a lot easier to investigate.

• Ok. I should be able to do this. Will take a day or two.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok here's what I got: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ado2pc0kbr5wv ... .capx?dl=0

• Removed extraneous layout
    • Removed extraneous objects in problematic layout
    • MInimized interactivity needed. Platform behavior starts as disabled on start of layout. Press any key to enable Platform behavior. This will cause "Player" object to land on "Hazard" object which will restart layout (once again, disabling Platform behavior). I still require you to press a key just so that there's a "pause" at the beginning to see the effect of the last "death"
    • Tested in IE. About 80% of the time the second platform will be highlighted. I can't get it to reproduce 100% yet but honestly I'm pretty surprised I got it to reproduce this often. At first I was seeing it 1% of the time in one the layouts I was building. It was nagging me enough then but I'm thankful I was able to get a layout like this where I can reproduce it very consistently

I hope that this is enough.

• Thanks for the simpler repro. I managed to track down the issue and it should be fixed for the next build.

• Sweet. Thanks for the update.

• Sweet.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)