Failed to load texture

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
High quality sound effect pack, in the following categories: Dark, Mystical, Peaceful
  • Failed to load texture

Hello

I found no topic about this specific problem, so here I go......

Whenever I try to edit any object, my C2 shows the following error:

---

Failed to load texture

Error loading texture

'C:\Users\....png' failed to read image file data (2)

This may indicate a corrupt PNG file in the project directory. he image will not be able to be displayed in the editor

---

and the image disappears

This happens with any image from any project, including examples

• I just ran into the same problem. Restarting C2 resolved it.

• Can you upload an example capx, and a picture that fails to load, please? It's impossible to understand what is wrong with it, without that things.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for the reply!

I have this problem with every image I try to edit, not a specifc one.

Consider the Platform 3 (UI).capx, from the folder examples (from the examples included in the construct2).

If I try to paint the blue square (player) red then the this error message pop up and the Player sprite will disapear.

• Thanks for the reply!

I have this problem with every image I try to edit, not a specifc one.

Consider the Platform 3 (UI).capx, from the folder examples (from the examples included in the construct2).

If I try to paint the blue square (player) red then the this error message pop up and the Player sprite will disapear.

Well, i don't think that it's a bug in c2, because i just try that, and the blue square is painted red succesfully. So it maybe a problem on your side, try to update your graphics card driver to a latest version, update construct 2 to a latest stable version r173, if you had latest drivers and construct 2, then try to reinstall c2. Oh yeah and launch c2 only as administrator and save and open your files only from directories that has no access limits (like desktop). I hope something can help.

• I tried to update my graphic cards and reinstall C2, but nothing has changed.....

But I think you are right, this must be a problem with my computer

I'm trying to find a solution, when I do I will post here! Thanks for the help!

• Can't reproduce. Please make sure your bug reports include a detailed and exhaustive list of steps to follow to reproduce the problem otherwise we cannot investigate.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)