Exported game won't display

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Hello,

I'm new to Construct 2. I'm looking to create simple games to help my students and think Constuct 2 might be the best way to do this but I'm having trouble.

I've started with just the example files given with the program. They play just fine when previewed from Construct's webserver but when I export anything all I get in the browser is a black screen with the made with contruct 2 hypertext on the bottom.

I'm running Construct on winXP within Virtualbox box because I'm a linux user but I don't think that should be a problem. I've tried running the exported files from a local file, my Apache server, and dropbox. Always the same problem. I use firefox both within XP and on linux but also tried from my android phone's browser. Still the same black screen.

The example file should play just fine as it shouldn't they? I did try another users game file exported from my Construct 2 setup but still the same problem.

I'm not trying to make anything too fancy but I am interested in helping my students and would love to use Construct 2 to make these simple games.

Hope someone can help me figure out what's going wrong.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok, I came across this post

scirra.com/forum/export-as-html-bug_topic50355.html

Turns out I had downloaded a bata with a bug. Switching to a stable relese fixed the problem.

Good to see there has been a change to the download page to make it more clear what version is being downloaded.

Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to working with Construct 2 more. :)

• Yeah there was some confusion over beta/stable releases which hopefully will be sorted out now. Glad to hear it's resolved!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)