Export spritesheet error with uneven frames

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Problem Description

High resolution sprites with a uneven number of frames on export are having their last frame skipped in the "spritesheeting phase".

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57190534/renderingtest/index.html

Attach a Capx

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/571 ... gtest.capx

Description of Capx

Too see the result you will need to export.

The capx contains 2 of the same sprite, one with an even number of frames, and one without.

I just added an extra frame to the second sprite with a blue dot.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Export to nodewebkit or html 5 Speeds are set to 1 frame per second, so be patient. Observe on the last frame of the first sprite the jagged appearance.

Observed Result

If you unpack the package data in the nodewebkit export, you will see construct 2 will correctly sprite sheet the first 4 frames of the first sprite, but not the last. You always see the second sprite sheet with 6 frames has been sprite-sheeted correctly.

Expected Result

I expect the all frames are treated the same.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57190534/renderingtest/index.html

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES) NA

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1

Construct 2 Version ID

Construct 183, also tested on 182, 181, and 180.

• It's spritesheeting correctly, but it previously didn't pad out the last frame if it was by itself. This meant the last image only is a non-power-of-two size and doesn't get a mipmap, affecting the downscaling quality. Since you have 'Downscaling' set to 'High quality' I guess you want it to preserve this case, so when that option is chosen it will also pad out the last animation frame to a power-of-two size, which fixes this case.

BTW your animations are really wasteful. The image is very large, but only a tiny part of it changes. The "farm" object now comes out as 3 2048x2048 spritesheets, using 50mb of memory for that single object alone. However such a tiny part of the image changes that you could easily have a static background with just a small segment changing, using probably only ~1.3mb for the changing segment.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley

But since i have the downscaling set to 'high quality', shouldn't the last frame be the same as all the others?

You say setting it to high quality would fix this case, but its just the same as before. What setting do i need to adjust so the last frame appears smooth like the others?

Regards,

Tom

• tomsstudio - I meant, it's fixed in the next build. 'high quality' does not make the last frame the same as the others, but it should.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)