Error when previewing over LAN

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86999835/Subspace_BUG_Version.capx

Steps to reproduce:

1. Simply preview over lan on Smart phone.

2. (Optional) Delete World_Infection Layer

Observed result:

The phone used was a Windows Nokia 720 if that adds anything. I was getting a line 232 error before deleting a couple objects and now its a line 710 problem. The game plays fine on my computer no problem but I can't produce the same results on my phone. I deleted several objects and all of the events to isolate the problem best I could. I noticed deleting a significant amount of objects from the layout will allow the game to be played on my phone. But that's only after more than 3/4 of the game is removed from the layout.

Expected result:

To be a able to play game over wifi on a phone.

Browsers affected:

Chrome: Unsure

Firefox: Unsure

Internet Explorer: yes (Windows Phone Browser)

Operating system & service pack:

Nokia Lumia 720

Construct 2 version:

Construct 2 r145

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can't reproduce on a Nokia Lumia 820 running Windows Phone 8, nor on Chrome for Android. Seems to work fine. Please include the full text of any error messages you receive; this may help us resolve the problem. Also, is the Lumia 720 running Windows Phone 7 or 8?

• Its running Windows 8, it also seems to alternate between a line 232 and 710 error now.

Full Text:

Javascript Error!

Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

192.168.0.5/Sprite_plugin.js, line 232(col 4)

This is either a bug in Construct 2 or a problem in a third party plugin or behavior.

• Please report it to the developer!
  • Oh, that means it's out of memory. You need to try to use fewer images. Construct 2 is estimating the memory use in the status bar at 160mb, which is very high if you're targeting low-end mobile devices. Remember not to waste your memory

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)